Wednesday, January 13, 2021

My Top 5 News Sources!



As a student in the school of communications it is imperative that I follow news sources that depict the truth. I often times find myself learning news through (sometimes unreliable) sources when scrolling through social media but often check with better news sources! In this post I will show you my top 5 most used news sources. 


SNAPCHAT: 

I have been using Snapchat for over 5 years to stay connected with friends. Snapchat has updated many features throughout the years which includes a "Spotlight" page with various news outlets. I often find myself scrolling through The Daily Mail, Buzzfeed, & Cosmopolitan. These are more entertainment based news sources but I enjoy these the most!

CNN:

CNN is a news source that I have watched a lot of videos on. This is where I get a majority of news from regarding whats going on in the world. I like how fast CNN provides coverage on events because other platforms & news channels are a little delayed. 


NPR:

Growing up my Dad often listened to NPR during long car rides. In high school I had a few teachers often reference NPR for the latest news concerning politics too. Even though I don't keep up with NPR all the time someone in my life always is. 

TIKTOK:

TikTok has been consuming a lot of my time recently. The videos displayed on my "for you" page have no specific category and range from fashion, travel, food, & news! During the election I would see a lot of videos about the candidates which was interesting because there were many diverse views on so many diffrent topics. I can't say it is my most reliable source, but I enjoy it the most!


TWITTER:

Twitter is a platform that I have been using on & off for the past few years. I feel that it is more opinion based & I enjoy seeing peoples views on different topics. I follow a lot of my friends & sports accounts so I don't see a lot of news but I often explore the trending page to keep up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment